Natural Shampoo and all natural ingredients for shampoos have been around for a long time. Thankfully there is a trend to try and reduce the reliance on chemicals in shampoos derived from petroleum based products. Derivatives of Kerosene like Olefine Sulfonate and chemicals like Sodium Lauryl Sulfates and Propylene Glycol (antifreeze) are common in commercial soaps and shampoos.
we have tried since the begining of our company to keep our ingredients as pure and organic as possible while maintaining our commitment to creating a hair loss treatment system that stimulates and fosters hair growth.
we feel that harsh chemical in hair loss shampoos are counter productive to a healthy head of hair. While they can strip out oils and help preserve the shampoo and increase stability they to not necessarily make the product better for your health.
That is why we strive to produce a natural shampoo for hair loss. We use the following natural and herbal ingredients to help promote a healthy scalp and hair growth. These ingredients have a very low level of health concerns for the consumer. (Environment Canada, FDA, National Library of Medicine)
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate – a surfactant (foaming and cleaning agent) that is made from fatty acids in coconut oil.
- Lauryl Betaine – is an anti-static and skin conditioning salt. It is has no environmental concerns or restrictions like allergies.
- Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride – comes from Guar gum and is used as a conditioner as it increases viscosity. This also helps with static and conditioning. it also has a very low concern for overall health.
- Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) – comes from a fruit tree native to Africa. It is an excellent skin conditioning agent and has the same low health concerns as the above ingredients.
- Aloe Vera Juice (Aloe Barbadensis) – is an amazing natural health product and helps to provide body to the shampoo as well as fragrance. It is also a low concern for your health.
- Capsicum – is one of our herbal skin conditioning agents and comes from the cayenne hot pepper family. One of its benefits is to stimulate blood flow to your scalp. As a natural fruit extract it has a very low health concern.
- Stinging Nettle Extract is a natural anti dandruff compound and provides a soothing quality to our hair loss treatment system. It also has the lowest level of health concern.
- Rosemary extract comes from the leaves of the rosemary plant. it is a natural antioxidant and antimicrobial agent. It also has a terrific fragrance. Also carries a low level of concern
- Butcherbroom extract – is a natural astringent and helps to refresh and sooth the skin. This is a box holly derivative and also scores a very low health concern.
Sodium Benzoate – This is a preservative that is used widely in the food industry. It helps preserve the ingredients from going stale. It has a higher health concern then the above ingredients but still scores low as a health concern.
With the number of natural ingredients in our Shampoo and hair loss treatment it is important to us to continue to create a highly effective hair loss system. Choosing a natural shampoo for your hair care is a great choice for your health and for the environment.
Follow Margo Hair Alive on Facebook